Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Milkmaid of Hurstbridge

"Breast is best" all the books and midwives and other experts say. What they fail to mention is that "bigger is not always better" when it comes to breast feeding.


As can be seen in the above picture there can be some logistical difficulties for a small baby trying to attach to large breasts - particularly when the nipples have completely flattened out.

So I have been expressing milk out of my breasts with an electric pump and Jeff and I have been feeding Hannah using a bottle.


When even the lactation consultant says “I don’t think it really matters in the end if she never attaches given that you are going so well with the expressing…” you know it’s not just a case of not persisting long enough.

Fortunately supply isn't an issue - we've stockpiled already an additional week's worth of breast milk in the freezer downstairs.


Hannah is very independent and already trying to feed herself.


Did I mention that she is less than a month old?

1 comment:

  1. love to feel her sucking on my d--k like that nothing sucks better than a baby I only last a couple of mins before I come

    ReplyDelete